What Perks do Youth Council Members get?
- Free access to the Museum!
- Opportunity to hang out with other teens at the Museum
- Opportunity to explore behind-the-scenes and meet Field Museum scientists
- Opportunity to plan and host two Field Museum teen events
- Communication and leadership skills
- In grades 10–12th OR aged 15–18
- Willing to commit to a monthly Saturday morning meeting: 10am – 3pm, as well as to some additional Saturdays as determined by Youth Council
- Ability to participate in Youth Council from Sept. 2017 – May 2018
- Ability to respect yourself, respect each other and respect the space
- Available to participate in a group interview between July 31 – August 3, 2017 or August 21 – 24, 2017
- Desire to make The Field a better place for teens!
For questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We had a really wonderful Ramadan and Eid celebration this year. Thanks to the support from Ahmet Abi and Ozgur abi, Merve abla and Ali abi and let me not forget Rumeysa abla, and the generous financial support from Maestro Corporation, Fashion 5 and the Atamyrodov family we were able to surprise 6th-8th grades with a special celebration all their own. The girls room was decked out in pink and white and had many delicious “junk” foods, each girl was also given a special little gift to remember the occasion by. The guys room was a hit too. They were more rustic with pizza and chips, chocolates, candy, sports drinks galore and two stations to play video games. We hope everyone had a wonderful time!
If you were unable to attend this presentation, please email the presenter below.
Scientists do far more than observe and report. In the field, in labs, and across the world they collect data and specimens to tell the story of the earth an its people. Tween Camp: Fish Unleashed, gives young people aged 11 to 13 the opportunity to meet a Field Museum fish scientist, explore the upcoming Specimens exhibition, and go behind-the-scenes and see The Field Museum’s fishes collection. Using the Scratch programming language and the Specimens exhibition as inspiration, tweens will create their own digital interactive story. Join Tween Camp: Fish Unleashed and dive deeply into scientific discovery during this one week summer camp for tweens at The Field Museum!
Registration is now open; session 1 and session 2 are identical.
Session 1: June 19 – 23, 2017; 9am – 3pm
Session 2: August 7 – 11, 2017; 9am – 3pm
Program Cost: $79 for non-members/ $69 for members (nonrefundable). Scholarship support is available for this program.
Age Requirements: 11 -13 years old (by June 1, 2016)
- What are the registration requirements? This program will register youth ages 11-13. Youth must be age 11 by June 1st in order participate into the program.
- What are the payment requirements? Payment must be made in full upon registration; this program is nonrefundable.
- Are there scholarships available? Yes, scholarship awards are available to those applicants that fit the eligibility requirements. Please apply here for a summer program scholarship award.
- Where do tweens check in? Participants will check in at the East entrance of the Museum at 8:45 a.m.
- How is lunch organized for the program? All participants must bring their own lunch to the program.
- Further questions? Please email email@example.com