SAT Summer course is over and soon school will start for our talented students. We had an amazing group of teens that were energetic and so much fun to be around. They studied hard and had fun touring the Chicago land area. We will miss them all and cannot wait for them to visit us again soon! love KYC
What Perks do Youth Council Members get?
- Free access to the Museum!
- Opportunity to hang out with other teens at the Museum
- Opportunity to explore behind-the-scenes and meet Field Museum scientists
- Opportunity to plan and host two Field Museum teen events
- Communication and leadership skills
- In grades 10–12th OR aged 15–18
- Willing to commit to a monthly Saturday morning meeting: 10am – 3pm, as well as to some additional Saturdays as determined by Youth Council
- Ability to participate in Youth Council from Sept. 2017 – May 2018
- Ability to respect yourself, respect each other and respect the space
- Available to participate in a group interview between July 31 – August 3, 2017 or August 21 – 24, 2017
- Desire to make The Field a better place for teens!
CLICK HERE TO APPLY – Interviews start in August!
For questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We had a really wonderful Ramadan and Eid celebration this year. Thanks to the support from Ahmet Abi and Ozgur abi, Merve abla and Ali abi and let me not forget Rumeysa abla, and the generous financial support from Maestro Corporation, Fashion 5 and the Atamyrodov family we were able to surprise 6th-8th grades with a special celebration all their own. The girls room was decked out in pink and white and had many delicious “junk” foods, each girl was also given a special little gift to remember the occasion by. The guys room was a hit too. They were more rustic with pizza and chips, chocolates, candy, sports drinks galore and two stations to play video games. We hope everyone had a wonderful time!
We had a great time making flowers with Seniors, and learning about one another. The residents loved the kids and ask them to please, not to forget about them and to visit again real soon. It was a very rewarding experience. Thanks Bria!
If you were unable to attend this presentation, please email the presenter below.