Instructor: Bushra Al-Olofi
Location: TASC, Room #118
Time: Saturdays 1:45pm-3:15pm
Duration: 10-week course
Course Dates: March 11th, 18th, 25th, April 1st, 22nd, 29th, May 6th, 13th, 20th, and 27th
Cost: members $50.00 non-members $80.00
Beginning Arabic 101 is for students who have had no prior experience with the Language. It is the first of a series of courses that helps the student develop reading and writing skills in the study of Modern Standard Arabic including active speaking and listening skills in formal Arabic. Authentic materials wrote in the original Arabic will be used in addition to book text, videos and audio materials. An introduction to the Arab culture will be researched throughout the course. This course is designed for beginners that have had no previous experience to the Arabic language.
In this course:
- You will have mastered the Arabic alphabet and sounds, be able to distinguish and pronounce all sounds and flow, and write accurately from dictation;
- Initiate social interactions, ask for basic information, and be aware of basic cultural aspects of social interaction in the Arab Culture;
- You will be able to describe yourself, your education, family with any native speakers of Modern Standard Arabic;
- Comprehend simple written texts from familiar topics;
- Understand audio/video texts on familiar topics;
- Compose basic descriptive paragraphs about yourself;
- Be familiar with some of the differences between formal and conversational Arabic.
Please come to: Keystone Youth Center Office to fill out Arabic course application and fee.
15total visits,1visits today