Scientists do far more than observe and report. In the field, in labs, and across the world they collect data and specimens to tell the story of the earth an its people. Tween Camp: Fish Unleashed, gives young people aged 11 to 13 the opportunity to meet a Field Museum fish scientist, explore the upcoming Specimens exhibition, and go behind-the-scenes and see The Field Museum’s fishes collection. Using the Scratch programming language and the Specimens exhibition as inspiration, tweens will create their own digital interactive story. Join Tween Camp: Fish Unleashed and dive deeply into scientific discovery during this one week summer camp for tweens at The Field Museum!
Registration is now open; session 1 and session 2 are identical.
Session 1: June 19 – 23, 2017; 9am – 3pm
Session 2: August 7 – 11, 2017; 9am – 3pm
Program Cost: $79 for non-members/ $69 for members (nonrefundable). Scholarship support is available for this program.
Age Requirements: 11 -13 years old (by June 1, 2016)
- What are the registration requirements? This program will register youth ages 11-13. Youth must be age 11 by June 1st in order participate into the program.
- What are the payment requirements? Payment must be made in full upon registration; this program is nonrefundable.
- Are there scholarships available? Yes, scholarship awards are available to those applicants that fit the eligibility requirements. Please apply here for a summer program scholarship award.
- Where do tweens check in? Participants will check in at the East entrance of the Museum at 8:45 a.m.
- How is lunch organized for the program? All participants must bring their own lunch to the program.
- Further questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
9total visits,1visits today